General Information We Collect and Share
This Website does not collect, share, or expose protected health information, which is restricted by state and federal law. This Website does provide links that allow you to access other St. Luke’s websites containing your St. Luke’s electronic health record where protected health information is stored. Please see additional privacy policies for these websites at myChart, Magic Valley/Jerome Patient Portal, and FollowMyHealth – St. Luke’s MSTI Patient Portal. Also, please see our Joint Notice of Privacy Practices for more information on how medical information about you may be used and disclosed.
While St. Luke’s diligently protects personal health information within our electronic health record systems, this Website and all information entered on this Website by you is public. We cannot protect any personally identifiable health or other information you choose to share when using this Website. We urge you to use caution and not disclose private information when using this Website.
3rd Party Services
- Disqus: This service allows you to enter comments and participate in the discussion on a blog post. To use this service you may register for an account with Disqus, use your existing social accounts such as Facebook or Google, or use the service as a guest. We do not pass any information about you to Disqus.
- Send Grid: This service is used when you subscribe to a blog or request to receive a newsletter by email. You provide your email address to us. We pass your email address to Send Grid along with information about your request. Send Grid periodically sends you the requested information on our behalf. Send Grid is not allowed to use the email addresses we send them for any purpose other than to deliver the information you request. All emails sent to you will contain information about how you can discontinue receiving similar messages in the future.
- ShareThis: This service allows you to share pages from our Website through your personal email or social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. You must have an account with these websites and log in to share. We do not pass any information about you to them.
- Facebook and Twitter: These services are used to display content from St. Luke’s social media accounts. We do not pass any information about you to them.
- Vimeo and YouTube: These services are used to provide videos for your viewing. We do not pass any information about you to them.
- Google Maps: We use this service to display graphic maps of our locations and directions to our facilities. We do not pass any information about you to them.
- Healthline Networks: We use this service for our search engine. Words you enter in the search box available on most pages of our Website are passed to Healthline which searches our indexed content and provides a list to you of search results. We do not pass any information about you to them.
- SiteCore IP Geolocation: We use this service to locate your general proximity, based on your IP address, to our services. This allows us to more prominently feature on our Website certain location-based information, such as which clinics, providers, and classes are nearest you. We pass your device’s IP address to SiteCore IP Geolocation service. The service returns to us your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and your ISP’s country, city, zip code, and latitude/longitude.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager: These services allow us to capture information about your web browsing device (IP address, operating system, browser version), how you came to our Website (IP address of the referring website, words used in a public search engine), and how you use our Website (date/time, words you type in our search engine, and what pages you have viewed). We aggregate the information we collect from all our Website visitors and use it to improve the performance and usefulness of our Website. Google may have placed cookies on your device if you have visited their websites, such as the Google.com search service. Google can combine information they have collected on their websites with the information gathered from our Website to tailor information they show you when using their services.
How You Can Limit Sharing of Information
Several of the 3rd Party Services and other websites we use and link to either allow or require you to register for an account and log in to their service in order to use that feature on our Website. When you register for an account with these services, you will have a personal profile that may allow you to limit how they share or use your information. Please refer to the privacy policies and terms of these services for more information. You may also limit sharing by not using these features on our site.
We may place a temporary file called a “cookie” in the storage area used by your web browser when you visit St. Luke’s Website. This cookie will expire when you close your web browser. The cookie does not contain personally identifiable information about you. We use it to track your path through our Website which we use in combination with other information we collect described in this policy to improve the performance and usefulness of our Website. You may limit our ability to place the cookie by adjusting the security controls in your web browser, however some features of our Website may not work properly for you.
Questions and Contacts
St. Luke’s Communications and Marketing Department
190 E. Bannock Street
Boise, ID 83712
– See more at: https://www.stlukesonline.org/website-privacy-policy#sthash.We6MemSU.dpuf