The St. Luke’s Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho has been a CFF-accredited CF care center since 2000. It is the only Cystic Fibrosis Center in the state of Idaho. The CF Center is committed to providing exemplary care to each patient and family focused on individualized preventive care, active management of lung health and nutrition, and patient and family education. We accomplish this through quarterly visits (or more) with the CF team, communication with our families, and educational programming including the CF Center Newsletter and Parent’s Night Out.
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho is to optimize the health of our patients and families.
We will contribute to the optimal health of our patients and families by providing top quality health care and education.
Our Pledge to You:
- Treat children and young adults with CF and their families as partners in care through timely and open communication;
- Provide care that is respectful of patient’s needs, preferences and values;
- Provide medical and nutritional care that is aimed at achieving normal growth and good nutrition;
- Prescribe therapies that have been proven to slow the progression of lung decline and decrease the frequency of pulmonary exacerbations;
- Accurately diagnose and aggressively treat pulmonary exacerbations to minimize the loss of lung function;
- Monitor for complications of CF, especially CF-related diabetes mellitus, and treat complications with the best proven therapies when they arise;
- Assure that all individuals with CF receive appropriate treatment regardless of race, religion, education or insurance coverage;
- Protect the privacy of all patients and families;
- Actively participate in research that will improve the understanding of CF, and find new therapies to control and cure CF.