- This event has passed.
2nd Pie Day for Cystic Fibrosis
Day of Event:
- Drop off pies: 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Judging: 11:30 – 1:30 pm
- Auction Starts: 1:30 pm
Nothing brings people together like pie. So we are hosting a family-friendly pie baking contest followed by a scrumptious pie auction to share the love and slices of pie, while raising funds to help people with cystic fibrosis combat food insecurity.
About half of the people seen at our local CF clinic cannot afford both their medications/treatments and food. Please indulge your love of pie (and/or live auctions) and join us on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at the Boise Pavilion (near the tennis courts and playground) in Julia Davis Park, Boise, ID.
Ways you can get involved:
1) Enter the pie baking contest. Start practicing those pies now– your family and coworkers will thank you. Pie categories are (a) fruit, (b) cream/custard/nut, (c) non-traditional, and (d) youth (as in the age of the baker). Pies need to be delivered to us at the Boise Pavilion on Sat., 8/18 between 10am and 11:30am. Judging starts at 11:30am. Results will be announced at the auction, which begins at 1:30pm. $10 per pie. While you can register in person, we suggest you register in advance. Two ways to do so: Either click the Join the Team button and start your own fundraising efforts for Pie Day (with a $10 donation/pie you are baking & comment that you are a pie baker), or click the Donate Now button and add in your comment that you are a pie baker.
2) Buy a paddle to bid on the pies and other tempting auction packages. The entertaining Anthony Mendoza from M Enterprizes Auction Services will auction off the mouth-watering winning pies as well as the other delicious pies beginning at 1:30pm on Sat., 8/18. Anthony will conclude the festivities by auctioning the other packages (which so far include a stunning handmade wall hanging quilt, a baker’s dream basket, and more). $10 per adult auction paddle. While you can register in person, we suggest you register in advance. Either click the Join the Team button and start your own fundraising efforts for Pie Day (with a $10 donation/paddle & comment that you are a pie bidder), or click the Donate Now button and add in your comment that you are a pie bidder.
3) Earn the right to be a pie judge at this year’s contest by raising money from your impressive circle of friends and family. That’s right, you can taste each of the pies, but only if you raise the most money. There can be only one Earned Judge. We’ll announce the winning Earned Judge on 8/15/18 so click the Join the Team button and start using your social media resources to earn yourself some pie!
4) Donate. You will feel good, knowing you are helping to ease the burden of someone battling CF. Click the donate button on this page. If you have items or experiences to donate (BSU football tickets, rafting down the Payette, etc.), please contact the W. Fish Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to include those in the live auction.
Radio personality Ken Bass from 94.9 The River will emcee the 2nd Pie Day for CF.Visit Website